Getting to Kraków
Access to Krakow
The city of Krakow is located in southern Poland, almost 300 km south from Warsaw.
Several airlines operate direct flights (some daily) from major European airports to John Paul II International Airport in Krakow.
Participants can also choose to fly to Warsaw Chopin Airport located 300km from Kraków and than to take a train from Warsaw to Kraków (ca 2,5 hours journey).
Kraków Airport is situated approx 11 km west of Kraków’s centre and it has regular flight connections to numerous European destinations, as well as Chicago and Tel Aviv.
Once you arrive at Kraków Airport, you can easily reach the city centre by:
- It takes approx 17 minutes to reach Kraków Main Train Station.
- Trains operate 7 days a week, every 30 minutes from 5 am until midnight. Please check the current timetable here.
- The adult fare (‘normal’) is approx 9.00 zloty (approx 2.00 euro).
- Tickets can be purchased from ticket machines (passenger terminal, train station) or from a train conductor once aboard.
- Public buses stop near the passenger terminal.
- Bus line 208 connects the Airport with the city centre (it stops right next to the Main Train Station).
- Bus line 252 connects the Airport with the Session Venue (ICE Congress Centre).
- Night bus line 902 operates between 11pm and 4am and it stops in the city centre next to the Main Train Station.
- Single adult ticket is approx 4.00 zloty (1.00 euro).
EL 2017 shuttle bus
- There will be dedicated shuttle bus service available for the participants of the EL Congress 2017.
- Shuttle bus will operate between Kraków Airport and main congress hotels. More information will be published soon.
The biggest railway station in Kraków is the Main Train Station (Dworzec Główny). It is situated close to the Old Town.
Kraków has direct railway connections with Poland’s largest cities as well as with Berlin, Budapest, Grodno, Lviv, Prague and Vienna.
There are fast train connections with Warsaw (the capital city) every 1 – 2 hours. The trains are modern, comfortable and the journey takes just over 2 hours. The connections are operated by PKP Intercity (Poland’s largest rail operator). Tickets can be bought online. The prices vary from 60.00 to 150.00 zloty.
The easiest way to reach Kraków by car is along the A4 motorway.
The motorway toll rate varies depending on the size of the vehicle and the section of the route (around 15.00 – 20.00 zloty or 5.00 euro per section)
Please bear in mind that there are parking meters in the city centre and it might be difficult to find a parking space once you get there.
Points of interest
- Kraków Airport
- Kraków Główny – Train Station
- Kraków Bus Station
- Congress Venue – ICE Congress Centre